Tuesday, September 5, 2017

5 years later the Journey continues...

Its September 5th 2017....5 years to the day that I packed up what I could fit in my car to leave Rapid City, SD to travel to the John C. Campbell Folk School. It's a cool, sunny, nearly Autumn morning here in Rapid City... same as it was then. I came back, but not completely. I'm not sure I've ever been completely present and rooted here, though I have tried everything possible to be just that over the course of 8 1/2 years. It's time to move on again. I'm restless and longing for home.

Last Friday a decision was made. One that brought on a peacefulness that I wasn't expecting. One that leaves me needing to tend to a lot all at once. Over the course of the next year, I'll be purging my belongs, figuring out how to sell the beautiful home that I've sadly only spent 1 year and 6 months getting to know, and making my way back to Illinois. This decision didn't come without consequence. Carl will not be coming with me. We're leaving our living arrangement as is until the time comes, but he'll be staying on in Rapid City. It will also mean leaving a job and a yoga studio that I adore. I recently took on the role of Operations Manager at Karma and will miss it dearly when I leave. Though I know I can teach yoga anywhere I land, no studio and no community will ever be the same as the glorious one at Sol Yoga Collective.

I'm happy with what has been decided. It feels right and has afforded me a sense of calm that I haven't felt in quite some time. I've started a list of everything that has to be attended to prior to departure. Today I begin ticking some of those items off. Beginning with debt consolidation. Sadly its a must after the hardship this past year has put on my purse strings. Between totaling a car, purchasing a lemon that had to be purchased back by the dealer, medical procedures, unexpected household expenses, being unemployed for four months, and just poor money management skills... I can't keep going in the direction that I'm in. It's time to stop the insanity and handle my shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment