Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The beginning...

In 65 days I will be embarking on a journey that will take me from my current home of Rapid City, SD to the John C. Campbell Folk School in Brasstown, NC. I plan to use this blog to document my trip across the country as well as my time spent at JCCFS. Here is the tentative schedule for my departure:

8/24/12- Last day at my current job.

8/30/12- Drive to Sioux Falls, SD for Ted and Savannah's wedding weekend.

9/3/12- Back to Rapid City, SD to finish packing.

9/7/12- Drive to Omaha, NE and hopefully couch surf (If I can find a host) for the weekend. Explore a little more of downtown Omaha.

9/9/12- Drive to Decatur, IL and stay with Robin for a couple of days.

9/11/12- Drive to CU, IL and stay with whoever will have me. Visit all my favorite places and people. Stock up on tasty bits from the Common Ground Food Co-op.

9/15/12- Drive to Naperville, IL to spend the weekend with my niece and nephew who have birthdays this weekend. I can't wait to see them!

9/18/12- Drive to Carmi, IL to stay with my folks for ten days. Visit all my friends in my home town. Spend some time in Evansville and New Harmony, IN.

9/28/12- Drive to Brasstown, NC and couch surf over night.

9/29/12- Start my job as the Student Host at JCCFS.

1/26/13- Last day as Student Host at JCCFS.

Most of this isn't set in stone and could very easily change. Prior to leaving I'll be posting pics of my favorite places and spaces here in RC as well as blogging about the process of uprooting my life to have an adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment