Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Moving forward...

Happy New Year! This week has brought many new friends, a new love of Rapper Sword dancing, and unfortunately a 24 hour stomach bug and lingering head cold. I rang in the new year alone watching the Brasstown fireworks from the dining hall parking lot. I've dubbed 2013 "The Year of Self-care", so I found it appropriate that I was on my own. Soon after, I took some cold medicine and fell into a deep slumber.

My time here at the school ends in three short weeks. I have two more weaving classes and a knitting class left before I depart. Then its off across the country to my home in Rapid City. People keep asking, "What will you do when you go home?". My answer is, "I'm not sure yet, but I'm excited to find out!" I know that my life will include making more art, fostering community, loving every day, and generally being happy. I've applied for a few jobs and hopefully one of them will pan out. I'm really not too worried about it to be honest. I do know that no matter what I end up doing I plan to make the best of it and smile more!

No comments:

Post a Comment