Sunday, October 21, 2012

Change...

Its amazing how quickly my inner landscape can change. Anyone who has spent more than 20 minutes with me knows how fast I can cycle through emotions. I began the day morose and solemn, yet ready to do the work to redeem myself not only to others but to myself. Perhaps it was the fact that I admitted my lack of perfection that I feel so upbeat as this day comes to a close. The afternoon brought frustration, a since of loss, an aura of displeasure, and plenty of tears. Then the vibrancy of the new students brought nervousness and excitement. With tonight's start of my Kente Cloth Weaving class I've become elated and ready to take on the world. I often wish I was more even keel. That I was able to more easily roll with things. That's another thing that I need to work on. This place is changing me and I think its a change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment