Saturday, July 14, 2012

42, 56, 78

As of today I have 42 days left at my job, 56 days before my journey across the US begins, and 78 days before I start as the Student Host at JCCFS. I've been a little on edge about it over the past couple of weeks. Everyone keeps asking if I'm excited. Of course I am, but what most don't realize is, for me, along with excitement often comes worry. All who are brave, hold a healthy dose of fear within their bellies. I know that part of this worry could be eliminated by preparing more. I need to be sifting through my belongs, cementing my travel plans, looking at what life will be after JCCFS. The problem isn't that I don't have the time, its that I recently haven't had the will. I can't decide if its the heat or the worry, or depression, but I can't seem to focus long enough to make any progress. I feel like I'm allowing my time here to slip past. Its not just the tasks that come with my move that I'm not focusing on, its everything in my life. Part of the reason for this journey is to regain the balance I feel I've lost over the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment