Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Vacation...

It feels a little strange to be taking an 8 day vacation just before I leave my job next month. However, I have a good chunk of PTO that my bosses wanted me to use up prior to leaving. I kicked off my staycation with a batch of banana pancakes for breakfast. Had a fabulous lunch with my dear friend, Mary, at Prairie Berry Winery. Carl and I took our dog, Milo, to the dog park for the afternoon. I love taking Milo there, but I hate being out in this heat. I long for Fall weather. Now Carl and I are waiting to take our roomie, Cori, out for a birthday dinner.

Most of the next few days is going to be spent going through my belongings and prepping for my trip. I found someone to stay with in Omaha, NE via CouchSurfing. That puts me more at ease. I'm trying to make this trip on as little money as possible, since my stipend at the JCCFS is tiny. So, I was getting worried about hotel costs for my weekend in Nebraska. No worries now! I'm excited for my first couch surfing experience. I'll get to visit their Farmer's Market, and some galleries and vegan eateries that I missed last time I was there. Plus, I'll hopefully make a great new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment