Sunday, September 9, 2012

On my way...

My journey officially began at 7:30 am on Friday. I wanted the first day of the trip to be the longest amount of driving, to make the rest easy. I drove the 8.5 hours to Omaha, NE to stay with Carl's cousin. We had a wonderful night filled with many a glass of wine. I had originally planned to spend the whole weekend in Omaha visiting all the vegan hangouts. Instead, I opted for an extra day in Illinois.

I let myself sleep in on Saturday, since my drive to Decatur was only 7.5 hours. My route took me through northern Missouri. It was a beautiful drive filled with lots of trees, farmland, and sandstone cliffs. Robin and I celebrated my arrival with a Mexican fiesta. I had really missed traditional Mexican food while I was living in South Dakota. Texmex just doesn't do it for me.

Robin has to work today, so I'm on my own until this evening. So far today, I've posted to Season of The Vegan, read part of A Discovery of Witches, ran on Robin's treadmill, and had a tasty lunch. I think I'll take a walk and explore around the lake this afternoon.

Tonight I'm going to make us an amazing dinner. BBQ Tempeh, Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Wild Rice are on the menu. Tomorrow we have plans to go to a local coffee shop, Wildflour ,for breakfast, go hiking, and then enjoy some Indian food for dinner.

Thus far I'm having a lovely time on my sabbatical. I can't believe I'm only a couple weeks away from my time at JCCFS. I'm so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment