Wednesday, August 22, 2012

3 days of work, 17 days until I hit the road, 33 days until I start

Life has been pretty grand this week. The new coffee bar staff, I've been in charge of training, is coming along fantastic. I'm really happy to be leaving my beloved espresso machine in the capable hands of Kaylie, Bethany, Megan, and Lori. They're amazing women, who are going to make a great team. I've realized while working with them, that the thing I disliked most about my job was the feeling of stagnation that had descended upon the store. Now with the new owners and the influx of energetic staff members, the store seems refreshed and revitalized. I'm giddy to be leaving it on a happy note. Speaking of leaving, I only have three more days left of conventional employment. I've got a belly full of butterflies! Its a sort of, "Well this is it, no looking back, time to take the leap!", feeling. I love it and I've missed this feeling of anticipation and wonder.

Since my health insurance expires at the end of this month, I've been frantically running about getting things taken care of. I got new glasses on Tuesday. Here's a link to my new frames. Mine are the Eggplant/Aqua ones, they look great with my bright red hair. I adore them! I'm also biting the bullet and going back on full-time meds for my sinus issues. Its looking more and more like I have a chronic sinus infection that is doubled by the scar tissue in my left sinus from an angry wisdom tooth that broke through it four years ago. Nasonex a couple times a week, seems to keep it all in check, so I might as well stock up while I can.

I'm still working on the whole packing thing. I think my best plan of action is to pack for my time across the country first and then pack everything else. I've been trying to do it the other way around, and it just isn't working out. This weekend will be mostly devoted to packing and re-packing until I get it right.

I still have to check in with my bank about maintaining my account while I'm on the other side of the country. That's scheduled for early next week. Next Wednesday night I'm having a little going away shindig at the local martini bar to say my goodbyes. Then its a weekend of wedding activities in Sioux Falls with Ted and Savannah. After that I'll come back to RC, pack the car, and hit the road. I can't believe its only 2 1/2 weeks away. Crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment