Saturday, August 18, 2012

The original plan is often the best...

After a night of wondrous sleep, I've decided to stick with the original plan. I'm leaving my cat here in South Dakota with Carl. Even though it might mean not seeing her for upwards of 7 months vs 4 months if she was in Chicago, it'll be less stressful in the long run. I'm so lucky to have friends and family who are willing to help and support me along this journey. It's an amazing adventure that I'm about to embark upon and it wouldn't be possible without all of you.

I spent some time packing yesterday. I figured out why packing my clothes seems like such a chore this time around. Its because I have to plan for a month on the road as I'm packing. I can't just toss everything in a bag and go. I have to figure out, "Will I wear this in the next month?" for every piece of clothing. I also, didn't realize just how many sweaters and jackets I've amassed. Those suckers take up a lot of space! There's a part of me that wants to unpack and start over, only allowing myself to take a certain amount. I did this when I went to France during undergrad and it worked perfectly. I think I'll start my list here, right now!

3 Sweaters
2 Jackets
2 Sweatshirts
1 Coat
5 T-shirts
2 Tank Tops
3 Long Sleeve Shirts
4 Skirts
3 Jeans
1 Dress Pants
2 Dresses
3 Yoga Pants
1 Pair PJs
1 Robe
1 Coveralls
Undergarments
Shoes

That should be plenty of clothes to get me through any occasion and weather development. Now to head downstairs and put this plan into action!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley -
    I was on the road for two weeks before arriving at JCCFS. I had an overnight bag with just one outfit for the next day in it, toiletries, etc, so I didn't have to bring my big bag into everyplace I stayed. Each morning I'd switch out the clothes in the overnight back for the next day....just a thought.

    Have fun packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca~ What a great idea! Thanks so much for all your help as I've been planning for this. You're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete