Tuesday, August 28, 2012

And so it begins...

Well, Friday was my last day of normal employment. It was a strange day at work. I could certainly tell who was sad to see me leaving and who was glad. I won't deny that there are certain people, who I haven't exactly gotten along with during my employment. However, shouldn't people act with a certain sense of decorum when saying farewell to a team member? I'll never understand why some people insist on being such party poopers! Too bad for them, the rest of us had a lovely day that included the most amazing vegan lemon cupcakes made by Mary. Scott, my favorite coffee customer, brought me a very thoughtful and loving going away care package. He made me ratatouille with fresh veggies from his garden and a baguette to go with. It was the best dinner I've had in a long while.

Saturday I spent the morning wandering through the shops and farmer's market in downtown. Then at half passed twelve I met up with some of my girlfriends to watch a movie at the historic theatre. When I got home, I discovered that Carl had scrubbed the whole kitchen for me. What a lovely first day of sabbatical!

Sunday was spent doing housework, watching movies, and knitting. I did get some important travel prep done on Monday. Today has been spent hanging out with Carl while he gets ready to start his first semester of college. I have my last Black Hills Fiber Arts Guild meeting tonight. I'll really miss the ladies of the guild. They've helped me feel so much more at home here in RC.

No comments:

Post a Comment