Saturday, August 11, 2012

A few hiccups....

So I got my official Student Host information packet in the mail today. It turns out there's been a wee bit of communication error regarding me at the school. There was a staffing change, and with it apparently some of my info was lost.

About a month ago I received an email saying they needed to know what my "silver bullet" classes were going to be, so they could assure my enrollment. I had emailed that info in months ago to the past director and hoped I'd still get in to the classes I wanted. Which I did. Then a few days ago I get an email and phone call saying my info packet had been returned to sender. Turns out, my address hadn't been updated during my interview when I explained that I no longer lived in IL. So, I gave the new director my new address and she sent out my packet. I get my packet today and discover that I had been told the wrong dates for my time at JCCFS. Now, had this been the first time the dates had changed, I wouldn't be so anxious, but its the third time in the process that I've been given different dates. I'm certain that Sept. 23rd to Jan. 19 are the correct ones, as they are the newest.

It also wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't for the fact that my mom is taking the week after I start off for vacation, because we thought we were going to get to spend it together. My parents were planning a camping trip for the week of Sept. 24th to 29th, so we could spend some time in and around Brasstown before my position started. Hopefully, she can change the dates she's taking off, so we can go a week early.

Its better these hiccups are coming up now and not in a month when I'm on the road to JCCFS. I'm happy to get them out of the way now. Here's my updated travel schedule:

8/24 - Last day at SITK

8/30 to 9/2 - Sioux Falls for Ted and Savannah's wedding

9/3 to 9/6 - Pack

9/7 to 9/9 - Omaha, NE

9/10 to 9/11 - Decatur, IL

9/12 to 9/ 14 - CU, IL

9/15 to 9/ 17 - Naperville, IL

9/18 to 9/ 22 - Carmi, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment